anonyrrie: Strip Tease, or Tagged II

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Strip Tease, or Tagged II


The very accomplished Dennis West has tagged me, so I'm back for the next installment of 20 random facts about myself. I think this is a fun game, but I have to say that the concept of "random facts" is worth a closer look. After all... how random are these facts we post? I mean, whether we actually let the facts roll off our fingers spontaneously or mull them over before posting, isn't there always an editing process going on? Either consciously or subconsciously, we control our images. How much should we show of ourselves? What are our best parts? Should we give away a little more? It's really like a strip tease, as we peel away a few layers to show what we want to show, while keeping the audience curious to know more. Nonetheless, I'm enjoying learning about my fellow bloggers, so I like doing this. I'm figuring that we could all easily get up to 100 facts if we keep retagging one another...which is not too far from what's already happening. Or...we could try something new, say an illustrated version of "Two Truths and One Lie." That would be a really fun challenge...is anyone game?

So here I go again, and I promise I will try to be as spontaneously random as I can...

21. I'm 5'9".
22. I once ate an ant to impress a group of kids. They weren't impressed. I wasn't either. Ants taste terrible.
23. Once upon a time, I lived on a sailboat in the Caribbean.
24. I haven't been swimming in over three years. Oh well.
25. I've seen a ghost.
26. I did not attend my high school, college, or graduate school graduation ceremonies.
27. I get very cranky if I'm interrupted when I'm trying to think.
28. I attended Catholic school for nine years and know the wrath of nuns.
29. I believe in God, but not organized religion.
30. I am physically very strong for a woman my age, and probably for a woman half my age.
31. I don't know how to work most of the high-tech gadgets we have in our home. Too many weird switches!
32. I have never read, nor do I intend to read the Lord of the Rings trilogy or any Harry Potter novels. Please forgive me.
33. I just signed up for National Novel Writing Month. Am I crazy? We'll see...
34. As a child, I was an avid trash scavenger. Among my best found treasures were discarded wallpaper sample books, piles of photography journals, and two sterling silver belt buckles. I used some of the wallpaper to decorate my dollhouse and I still have the belt buckles.
35. I also collected the discarded window displays from the liquor store that was on my way home from school. I managed to amass a good supply of flimsy colorful satin fabric that I used to make costumes and cardboard props that I used to decorate my bedroom. I remember in particular a cardboard street lamp that I propped up next to my bed...for atmosphere.
36. I ran away from home for a few days when I was in high school.
37. Every day I make Jol a "love sandwich" to take to work for his breakfast: almond butter and strawberry jam on home baked multigrain bread. He loves eating it and I love making it:>
38. I sold a painting for $400 when I was in high school.
39. I used to pretend to be sick so I could stay home from school and read all day.
40. I am looking forward to the day when I can spend less time teaching and more time doing.

That didn't take too long, although I did it in bits and pieces. I think the following people haven't been tagged, and I know I'm interested to know more about them:

Jaimie
Charles
Toni
Becky
Megan
Isay

14 Comments:

Blogger merlinprincesse said...

COOOL! you,ve been tagged twice. LOL You know, after reading those very interresting facts about you, I can say from #34 and #35 that you are suffering from the Squirrel's Syndrom... DoubleLOL. >^.^< PS: All the members of my family have it! Including MOI.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the second 20, those were great too! Sorry about doubling it up, I didn't see that you had already done them. Now I see as I scroll down.

To answer your question, It's not a film projector, but a DLP projector. The kind a business would use in a meeting hooked up to a computer. They're also great to show movies on and I have my room all set up. It's great to watch movies that you have either never seen on the big screen, or that it's been a while. I watched White Christmas not too long ago on it and it was great! I was surprised how EVERYONE smoked in movies back then. Even during the romantic scenes! I guess you don't see it as much on a small TV.

By the way. I used to pretend to be sick to stay home from school too, but that was just so I could play with my toys. But that's fine. I graduated High School anyway.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

Hi Carla, I don't mind being tagged except I don't know what it is. Is it just a list of info about yourself?
Also I would need to figure out how to make another section on my webpage, because I only have ill. fri. submissions there, and don't want to use if for something else on the front page. sorry that I'm so ignorant of tagging and web page manipulation!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice painting Carla!! WOW ... so being Tag once isn't immuned from a second Tag?! Oooops ... I have been Tag more then 2 times ... What should I do?

3:32 PM  
Blogger Magpie Magic said...

I like the pretending to be sick so you could read bit. I remember doing that! LOL I also spent whole nights trying to finish THAT BOOK and was too tired to get up the next morning.

I am starting to think this tagging is a great idea. It's nice to learn more about people. :-)

5:14 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

You're good. I don't know if I could ever come up with 20 more facts, random, quirky or otherwise, to post about myself. (Did I hear a huge sigh of relief?...)

5:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Carla, I don't mind being tagged.
Just got in from work so will see if I can stay awake long enough to do my list.
I've read both your tags and a few others.
This is interesting to learn more about each other.

10:09 PM  
Blogger isay said...

as i have imagined -you are just that height-have you been a beauty and brain contestant before?

my husband would really envy you for having lived on a sailboat and in the Caribbean even.

and i am wishing you'll win the National Novel Writing Month. Everybody have already confirmed how eloquent you are in your writing andgiving comments. All the best!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter? Never been tempted!
Seen a ghost? Too many spirits?

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear tagged eh!

I did promise myself when I closed my Tree of Life site leaving A Doodle A Day running that it would be only doodles and a little type around the subject or circumstances of the doodle and that the site would be more distant and less about me and more about the doodles so please don't be offended if I don't get around to any facts about me.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Weichuen You said...

I love this illustration. The woman is wild yet elegant!

By the way, I hope you don't mind my reading the facts about you. I have never read Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter either. In fact, I fell asleep when I made one attempt to read Harry Potter:-).

9:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok you asked me to convince you to read Harry Potter.
Well I won't tell you about the story in case you decide to give it a try.
I love books that take me to imaginary times that are mystical and magical. About good verses evil yet can make me laugh at times and also keep me in suspense.
A book that makes me feel for the charachters in it, fall in love with them and makes me sad when they pass on.
yes there is death in these books and I don't think they are wishy washy. My brother (who lives in Connecticut BTW) who is a year younger than me has read them and so has sister. They both read a lot and some may say they are geeks.
Well not sure if I have tempted you or not. You seem to like mythology so I would think you would like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings for that matter. I have not read the Lord of the rings yet. But have seen all the movies and gave my husband the complete DVD extended set last year for Christmas. He has read the Trilogy and loved it.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done the feign-sickness-to-read-at-home thing many times too, and I see other commenters do that! LOL
I just got tagged too, and really did rattle everything off the moment they appeared in my head...
One item gets connected to another by simple association with words... :)
Spilling 20 facts is not too difficult, it is finding fellow untagged folks that is harder! LOL
Anyway, really great to know more about you!!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Rick Lovell said...

28 and 29: ditto (think there's a connection between the two?...duh)
32. Both my kids are in college now, but they were very much into Harry Potter when they were younger. They encouraged me to read them, so I did...and I've since eagerly read each and every one. They are extremely creative and very well written. If you are creative and have kids, you owe it to yourself to at least give them a try.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home