anonyrrie: Inspire Me Thursday - Body Parts

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Inspire Me Thursday - Body Parts


The torso counts as a body part, right? I know I'm late again posting for this week's challenge, but I've been working on this lady all week! It took two days to do the hair alone. She's not going to be blue forever...this is just her undercoat. I've already put on a couple of thin lighter flesh tone glazes over the blue, which will come through as shadows in the darker areas. Once I finish getting the body just right, she'll make a visit to the tattoo parlor to get her ink done. The final stages will involve putting color over the textured background and then texturing and painting the sides of the canvas (gallery profile) to make a "frame." I'll post more pictures along the way.

You can see the first stage here.

Edit 7/6 - And you can see the next stage here.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Carla this is wonderful to see the process.
I love how under coats come through the final painting.
I can see you are enjoying your studio time after a long school year. The complimentary colors and patterns in her hair look great. Looking forward to seeing more.

7:37 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

Isn't it fun working large? I just started a 36" x 36" and it feels small compared to the even bigger ones I've done lately. Looking forward to watching the process unfold.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Paula Adams Perez said...

It's beautiful already, and it's going to be GORGEOUS!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Can't wait to see the final result. I love the blue tones on her body.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

Oh Carla, that is simply stunning!!! I can't wait to see more pics.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Radha a.k.a Ratlion said...

Blue suits her! :D Give's her an almost exotic/out-of-this-world look...

Oh, and you found the right body parts in my abstract! Well, except for the 'cheek'..that was the smiling mouth :D...but I'm glad you could spot them..no one i've showed it to so far has been able to spot the face :(..but then it is an abstract, so i'm not complaining :)

Thank's for stopping by!

Cheers

1:05 PM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Ok, now you're just being cruel. :-) Which I must admit I like.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

Cool to see the process. And also cool to see you working so large. Looks like fun!

4:47 PM  
Blogger mbc said...

Amazing detail in the hair. Great color. Can't wait to see her finished.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Judy Scott said...

amazing body part, love her beautiful hair, exquisite as ever. Jx

6:11 AM  
Blogger georg said...

I like her wonderful hair - it's great colours! I really love your images. Have I said, you have af fan? Else - now it's said. I'm looking forward to see this lady be finished.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Kim de Young said...

I love to see process and progress of other artist working. It's so rewarding working through problems and at the end coming out with such wonderful results. Your blue lady is turning pink. By the way your city-scape is stunning. Wonderful use of colors and negative space.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home