anonyrrie: EDM Challenges - glass & books

Sunday, August 14, 2005

EDM Challenges - glass & books

Okay...I'm taking the plunge and attempting to draw something other than a doodle on my desk blotter. I haven't done any "real" drawing by hand in...hmmm...well, let's just say it's been a very, very long time. I've been doing digital artwork in the more recent years, but even that had been put aside because I never seem to have enough time to work at it. Anyway, that's pretty much why I decided to start this blog...I needed to create a space and a structure for practicing illustration and writing. I was so excited to stumble upon Illustration Friday, and I've also decided to try doing the EDM challenges. Perhaps regular practice will rub all the rust off and I will eventually turn out something that looks good.


This is the first version of EDM challenges 25 & 27 (I'm trying to catch up, so I'm going to combine a few here and there). This was done with pencil, fine pen, and watercolor pencils.





This is obviously the same drawing, but I put a wet brush to the pencils. I'm really not sure which I like best, but I had some fun playing around.



By the way, that's a glass of Cambria Chardonnay 2003, and the books are Life of Pi by Yann Martel and A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. I recommend both the wine and the novels... there's nothing like a good glass of wine and a good read!

5 Comments:

Blogger Beatrice said...

Welcome to EDM! Nice drawing and digital work. :)

6:27 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Hi Carla,
Welcome to EDMs and to the world of blogging. I like the look of your site - nice and fresh. You did a good job with the books and glass too. :o)

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved reading both books and i love your drawings - especially the detail on Life of Pi - i recognized the book before i even read the title.

also, good work on the glass. you did a good job with the liquid inside the glass (i had a hard time with the 3d aspect of my glass).

9:44 PM  
Blogger inki said...

Carla, welcome to computer groups that do art! Don't feel pressured..do what you can, when you can; but try to find time for your art.
Dede

7:16 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Pequignot said...

Hi Carla, so glad you are taking the time to do some drawing again. I've enjoyed your new blog so far, and I'm looking forward to more of your artwork. :)

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home