anonyrrie: Tag Fever

Friday, October 28, 2005

Tag Fever



I was tagged again earlier this week by Sultry Painter Woman who assured me that it's really a good exercise to keep examining oneself for personal history, character traits and behaviors. She has, rather impressively, accomplished the grand list of 100 facts, and by the time I finish this list, I will be 40 short of that goal. All in all, it's been relatively painless and actually quite fun, but I am not going to tag any more people this time around. I was also tagged by Jody, the fabulous Cheap Tart to find out which Peanuts character I am. So, my first fact is going to be a double-dipper, and I will add the other facts as they come to me.

41. I am Schroeder!

Schroeder
Which Peanuts Character are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

42. Indian food and sushi...delicious!
43. If I had to do it all over again, I'm not sure that I would.
44. I used to visit my mother several times a week when I lived nearby. I miss being able to do that.
45. I enjoy doing laundry, and don't mind vacuuming, but I really hate doing other kinds of housework.
46. However...I can't stand mess and dirt. I need to work on wiggling my nose, I guess.
47. I used to be something of a perfectionist. Then I worked on easing up on myself. Now, I think I'm too undisciplined, so I feel guilty. Does that mean I'm still a perfectionist, or just a garden-variety neurotic?
48. I am German with a bit of English on my mother's side and German with a bit of Latvian on my father's side.
49. I am not one who enjoys recreational shopping, and will generally avoid going to a mall unless it's absolutely necessary.
50. I do, however like going to the bookstore,the art supply store, and the Apple Store...and I almost always come back with goodies.
51. Sometimes I really believe my cat Jezebel is a reincarnated human.
52. Although I fall asleep quickly, I usually wake up several times in the night.
53. Some jobs I've had over the years include (in random order) dog-walker, babysitter, advertising and display assistant, first mate, cook, waitress, ghostwriter, fitness instructor, writing coach, and now...teacher.
54. I have never enjoyed playing team sports or group exercise, opting instead for solitary activities such as weight lifting, running, walking, biking, and long stints on cardio machines.
55. In the same vein, I do not like doing group work. I prefer to get projects done efficiently, very well, and on my own. I am, however, very gracious and cooperative when I do work as part of a team.
56. Manners count. Kindness counts. Respect for one's elders counts. Respect for all life counts.
57. I think about my father almost every day, even though he passed away eight years ago. Sometimes I talk to him, hoping he's in a place where he can hear me. He was a truly wonderful father and a dear friend. I miss him very much.
58. This is Froggie, a 1973 Porsche 911RS. He lives in our shop, and sometimes goes out for a ride if it's a nice day. I bought him because I love the color.






59. I think green might be my favorite color, but I also love red, orange, and certain shades of blue.
60. Please don't tag me again! I'm running out of things to reveal!

13 Comments:

Blogger Clip said...

No.47 love that one.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Thanks for playing.... I also missed Lori and "Remote" until now. I'd like to be Shroeder... but might turn out to be Pig Pen... I don't like ANY kind of cleaning.....

10:22 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Indian food and sushi - is that together???

I love all these facts... maybe I'd do some more myself... but I got stuck on 19!

1:00 PM  
Blogger carla said...

No Caroline...not together, silly girl! Indian food one night and sushi the next.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the illustration for this post, Carla. Quite theatrical, despite it's simplicity. There's a bit of Gorey in it (who happens to be a personal favorite). Nice work.

3:34 PM  
Blogger carla said...

Yes. Jody a.k.a. Cheap tart is Woodstock.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yep I think we should start a secret handshake for Shroeder.
;)

well 49 and 50 are me also. After working for 9 years at the mall I try and avoid it also. so what do i do this year...get a Christmas job for the season at the mall.
Somebody hit me.
Nah, it should be fun.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HA ! HA !! Carla you got tag many times!! Nice tag story! A tip ... may be you can cook up an imaginary friend, and post your "friend's" story instead next time ... if you run out of real story to reveal. :P

Err ... I am not weird ... it's all Minty's fault!! HE! HE!! That's sort of what I did ... listen to your advise, I post another tag ... but it's about Minty ... my imaginary friend (Just kidding) .... I mean my toon character ...

11:14 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

hi carla
i think froggie is totally great!
yep great color, ya know I love any shade of green ; )

blarney.....

12:53 PM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

This illustration reminds me of something that might have been on the side of a Roman or Grecian urn....works nicely with the tagging theme. I really like your black and white work - pen and ink?

5:02 PM  
Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

This ink piece reminds me of something I may see in a copy of the 'Punch' magazine. Stylised and full of feel for an older period. Well done!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Baroness Von Wolfengeist said...

I really like your tagged illustration.

2:13 PM  
Blogger diosaperdida said...

gosh..we share some things...

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home