anonyrrie: The Ephemeral Paradise of Summer

Friday, June 01, 2007

The Ephemeral Paradise of Summer


Harbinger ~ 18" x 24" ~ mixed media on wood panel

Butterflies

Frail Travellers, deftly flickering over the flowers;
O living flowers against the heedless blue
Of summer days, what sends them dancing through
This fiery-blossom’d revel of the hours?

Theirs are the musing silences between
The enraptured crying of shrill birds that make
Heaven in the wood while summer dawns awake;
And theirs the faintest winds that hush the green.

And they are as my soul that wings its way
Out of the starlit dimness into morn:
And they are as my tremulous being—born
To know but this, the phantom glare of day.

- Siegfried Sassoon (1886 - 1967)

This is the last painting I did for my show... and I just posted a few photos from the opening reception.

22 Comments:

Blogger Karina Cocq said...

quetranquilidad...y que bella mariposa

6:35 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

Your work really suits the wood panel support. I wish I could see the show. Report please?

7:13 PM  
Blogger bookbabie said...

I would love to be in that field right now, very pretty piece:)

7:57 PM  
Blogger Tina Poe said...

I love the softness and the colors.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Susan Tuttle said...

I so love that the focal point of this landscape piece is the tiny butterfly. This piece is breathtaking!

Susan
xo

8:37 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

this is paradise and I would love to go there! Beautiful Carla!

11:37 PM  
Blogger JO said...

lovely and serene

11:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely!! The horse paintings below are beautiful too!!

3:21 AM  
Blogger isay said...

it's like a dreamy place..... i like butterflies and the poem, too.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Carla, that feels warm and snuggly. Nice job...

9:11 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Looks very much like my childhood paradise.
I love the Summery colours.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Nicole Florian said...

Wow! Pure serenity!

10:25 AM  
Blogger pati said...

Beautiful, very touching.

cabanadigital.com

10:56 AM  
Blogger creativelenna said...

I like your paintings of women so much, but this one with it's golden feeling and the butterfly right on the edge is spectacular.
: )) Lenna

9:34 PM  
Blogger Nancy Bea Miller said...

This charming scene brings back powerful memories of childhood...the emotion of unlimited space and time and never-ending golden light.

1:51 PM  
Blogger maria said...

You have a beautiful work.

4:33 PM  
Blogger emilayusof said...

Carla, this is so beautiful!

emila yusof
http://www.emilayusof.com

1:27 AM  
Blogger vfm4 said...

that looks very peaceful with enough room for adventure... i like your paradise, are visitors welcome? :-)

12:33 PM  
Blogger get zapped said...

Oh, this is indeed a feel of summer. I can feel the soft breeze on my face, while I sit beneath the shade tree watching a butterfly land nearby. You really captured paradise!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Twisselman said...

Can almost feel the soft breeze coming across the top of the grasses. Beauty.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Ellen Byrne said...

yes, this is paradise!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Designing Fairy said...

Beautiful! So wonderful about your show.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home