anonyrrie: Subject to Change

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Subject to Change


I haven’t been around much for few weeks, but I have a pretty good excuse. I’ve been spending all my time painting for my show (the opening reception is Saturday), and save for a few final details - varnish, hardware, cards, catalog - I’m just about ready! I’m showing 15 paintings in all, and I must say that I’m happy with each one.

Focusing on a specific goal – in this case my first solo show – has reaffirmed the pure joy I feel when I immerse myself in creating art, and has also allowed me to experience the magic that happens when I have a plan and a concept for a body of work. I found working in a series to be empowering and synergistic… each new piece seemed to grow out of the one before, and I still have so many “unborn” paintings waiting their turn! And what’s even cooler is that I could feel when it was time to move in another direction, so I am actually showing two mini-series –one figurative and the other landscapes. The show is called Subject to Change, an apt title in so many ways.

My next projects include finally getting my website up and running and investigating more opportunities for showing and selling my work. I’m also looking forward to summer and uninterrupted art time… time to create those imagined paintings, take workshops with three very different artists and explore new techniques… I can’t wait!

My show runs from May 25 through June 24, with the opening reception on Saturday, May 26 from 6 to 9 p.m. Stop by if you're in the neighborhood! More info here.

18 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

congratulations on your show, carla! that's awesome!

and all those classes sound great. looking forward to seeing what you create next! :-)

2:24 PM  
Blogger carra said...

Congrats on your show! I wish I could be there IRL - will be there in spirit, though! Break a leg, dear friend!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Carla, yea congratulations on the being ready for your show. Hope you take pictures of the reception so we can see and feel like we were there.

I checked out the artists you are taking classes from and it will be creatively fun they are so diverse.

My best to you for a grand opening.

6:17 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

This is all very exciting, Carla. Congratulations! And what a smart idea, joining an artist's guild. No one knows art like artists. :) I'm looking forward to photos and anecdotes (and sales!).

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carla, thanks for leaving your kind note on my blog. Would love to catch up with you sometime if we are in the same 'space'!
Good luck with your show.
hugs
Marie

8:32 PM  
Blogger isay said...

Ohh how I wish I can see your paintings.... So exciting Carla and I am so happy for you.

Congratulations and all the best to your grand opening and good luck to more paintings and workshops.

Cheers!

1:45 AM  
Blogger kj said...

woo hoo hoo hoo!

you deserve a solo show!

and a fabulous show it will be!

:)

11:39 AM  
Blogger Susan Tuttle said...

I am soooo excited for you Carla!!! I wish I could be there in person to see all of the magnificent fruits of your labor! I know your show will be a huge hit and that you will enjoy every moment of it!

I can't wait to hear all about it--take pics!

Susan
xox

11:32 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

That's only about 45 minutes from here; perhaps I'll be able to make it out there. :0)

Your work is always so beautiful. I'm wishing you lots of luck with the showing, and with all of your projects.

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To read about the joy and the energy you have in realizing this project makes me happy, the expo will be wonderful, I admire every one of your works, I wished I could be there (but the ocean is so big :-) The workshops look great, opening one's mind to learn is such a good experience, then it ripes and mingles, and new things can come out. Success, good luck !

11:13 AM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

Yay...a solo show!! So much deserved, Carla! If you lived near me I'd invite you to show at my little gallery in a heartbeat. I hope you capture new fans of your beautiful work, and of course, patrons! Best wishes this weekend :)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

THese are lovely!! beautiful mood and textures.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Ginger*:) said...

All the best! Your paintings are so lovely and inviting. Your opening should be fabulous, just like you!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Ces Adorio said...

Congratulations Carla. I only wish that your show was at a time when I am in the east coast! It would be a delight to meet your art and you!!!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Yay! Congrats Carla!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Regina said...

Carla, Congratulations on your show!! SO very exciting! I wish I could see your amazing art in person. I know it will be wonderfully successfull!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Designing Fairy said...

Huge congrats on you art show! That must be exhilarating!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Kay Aker said...

How wonderful and exciting! Congratulations!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home