anonyrrie: Good Karma

Friday, November 11, 2005

Good Karma


Below is the text of an email I received this morning. I'm not one to pass along chain mail, but I really liked the message, so I thought I'd share it here.

This is what the Dalai Lama has to say for 2005. All it takes is a few seconds to read and think over, and then pass it along.

Instructions For Life

1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R's:
Respect for self
Respect for others
Responsibility for all your actions.

4. Remember that not getting what you want is often a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don't let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
7. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone each day.
9. Open arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situtation. Don't bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.

12 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

I've seen this before but always enjoy re-reading it. Numbers 1 and 5 are tenets I try to live by. Pretty illustration!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I got the same e-mail but no prety Karma with it! Hope your feeling better!

3:20 PM  
Blogger isay said...

i also received this a couple of times in a form of slideshow and like to read it over and over again.... i like esp--"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time" and try to remind myself everytime.....

6:02 PM  
Blogger isay said...

When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.---but this one ii sometimes get so sad (and will forever haunt me)when the door closes just after and i don't have anymore opportunity to explain or make it right ....

6:07 PM  
Blogger isay said...

i apologize for the errors-i am typing so fast and missed or type so many misplaced words. i guess-i am still sick or just the natural me aha!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I like these, too! Your illustrations are always wonderful, and you are always so kind in your comments on my drawings! (hope you are getting over your cold!)

7:43 PM  
Blogger Trout Fishing on Oahu said...

Rather than wait for your offering to this week's illofriday, I wanted to say that I've seen so many of your comments and "compliment" you on the generousity of your spirit. You comments on my pieces have been very encouraging and I'm thinking that all the others that have received this blessing must feel the same way. I noticed that you teach literature; how does something like haikufriday or poetryfriday sound to you?

3:08 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Goodmorning girl! I forgot to tell you that I added you to my blogroll so I can check on you often! LOL! Hope you better!

11:22 AM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

Thanks for sharing this, Carla. The Dalai Lama is such a great soul. He's strong, has a marvelous sense of humor, is full of wisdom. (And he loves cats). Take care and get well soon. And nice illo! Love all of them!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the color and abstract quality in this painting! Very unique and different !

3:05 AM  
Blogger Todd DeWolf said...

Now this is a great list! I even wrote some of them down. Very inspiring. You are just super! Thanks! :)

10:55 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

woah! this is a striking illo! mmm i just luv abstract! and saved some of the lines from the post, btw.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home