anonyrrie: September Moon

Friday, September 09, 2005

September Moon


These last weeks of summer sag under their own weight and begin to give way to the approaching season. The petunia plants have pretty much stopped flowering and hang bedraggled over the edges of their pots. The night noises of crickets and tree frogs have begun to subside and in their place are more urgent howls and screeches of animals who sense the changes of moisture and temperature. So I'm thinking about autumn and the energy the cooler air brings. I'm thinking how sharply in focus everything seems against an acid-blue sky, almost too perfect to be real, and how the colors of a New England fall day make the simple act of breathing a prayer of thanks. And as much as autumn is the precursor to the sleep and death of winter, it brings to me vitality and purpose, reminding me in the most glorious way that circles do remain unbroken.

12 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

Enigmatic and lovely, Carla.

9:43 AM  
Blogger diosaperdida said...

This is gorgeous Carla. You have such a talent for color and such a "touch" ...I can't explain it.

( Thanks for adding me to your list over there)

10:56 AM  
Blogger JacqueLynn said...

Her face with only one eye visable is very haunting and the haunting feeling is continued with the texture and appearance of the cape. Very nice feel to the piece. Wonderful

1:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Carla
I love your style of drawing. Very beautiful.
I love the fall it is my favorite time of year. Well actually starting in September and there is a definite change in the air.

8:10 PM  
Blogger isay said...

So poetic how you write. It has given me a beautiful underscribable feeling. so beautiful illustration that i have to look at it again and again.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for your post on my 'Roots' illustration. I've been looking at your illustrations as well, and they're very impressive, some of the best stuff I've seen on Illustration Friday.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

This'd make a great cover for The Owl Service by Alan Garner! The feel is just right!

1:20 AM  
Blogger Drazen said...

This is really nice!
some nice textures and colours

11:52 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Despite the hair color, there's something almost native american about this image. It's really stunning.

1:50 AM  
Blogger virginiavalle.blogspot.com said...

beautiful and inspirational!!!!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

That is so beautifully written. It makes me smile and feel a little chill in the air. Thank you

3:47 AM  
Blogger vfm4 said...

i think this one is so great, it reminds me of Jugendstil and Klimt and yet it's so totally you.. and then there's the transparancy of the woman.. words fail me...

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home