anonyrrie: What have we here?

Thursday, June 21, 2007

What have we here?


Well, if you guessed that it's a "before" picture of a shoe shrine, you'd be right! This is just some of the stuff I've been collecting in anticipation of Michael de Meng's workshop I'm going to this weekend. I have been so completely fascinated by his work ever since I came across it through someone's blog (can't remember who it was, sorry) ... enchanted by the way he creates such wonderful mystical grungy beautiful art from junk. He seems to have his own special brand of alchemy that elevates the mundane to something sublime (although I find a good dose of humor there as well) ... so I am headed north to the Boston area to see what I can learn.

Check out Michael's book, Secrets of Rusty Things - Transforming Found Objects into Art... you'll see what I'm talking about. And... stay tuned for the "after" picture!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You are going to have so much fun. I can hardly wait to see what you do in this workshop. You have some wonderful stuff there. yea! Enjoy Carla.

11:12 PM  
Blogger creativelenna said...

Very Cool, Carla!!
So excited for you that you get to go take a workshop with someone whose work you admire and are inspired by. That is fabulous. What a great way to end the school year!

Thanks so much for your comments on my new work and I would love to get together soon!
: ) Lenna

8:59 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

I have to admit that additions to my own blogroll rarely happen immediately. With just 3 minutes over at Michael deMeng's site and blog, BAM! He went on straight away! Thanks for the link, Carla, and I'm looking forward to seeing the after picture too!

9:21 AM  
Blogger kj said...

i can't wait to hear about your weekend, carla. and to see the results of your playtime...

:)

10:06 AM  
Blogger Ro Bruhn said...

You'll love Michael's workshop, he's a great teacher.
Can't wait to see what you make, you have some interesting treasures in the photo.

Have fun
Ro
xo

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool ! enjoy ! and I 'll check again for the result

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home