anonyrrie: Inspire Me Thursday - Portrait

Friday, February 02, 2007

Inspire Me Thursday - Portrait



This lady is one of a pair ( the other one is here ) of mixed media paintings that are going into a show called "Altered Egos." She's not quite finished - there's a bit more that I want to do with the background - but I thought I'd share it for this week's Inspire Me Thursday topic. I have no idea what to call her... any suggestions?

(mixed media painting on 10" x 10" x 1.5 " canavas)


edit - Here's the finished version (I named her Testarosa), which I just dropped off at the Gallery on the Green for the show that opens Saturday, 2/10. If you're in the neighborhood, drop by the opening between 6 - 9 p.m. .... I'd love to see you!

12 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

Love your portrait!! are those added embellishments. I'm instpired!!

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous, carla! i'm so loving the hair!!

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like everything about her. my two latest favorites(the other one on top)

3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful - puts 'hair weave' into a totally new light

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am truly inspired carla. I have been a struggling alcholic and this seems to express all of my feelings. i know this sounds silly, because its just a redhead girl, but i look at her eyes and i see mine.
thank you.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Merisi said...

I'be been visiting your beautiful blog for a couple of times, ever since I followed your trace from Andrea's blog.
Now, this painting plus your words, "one of a pair", the hair color, the green she's wearing, the look of her eyes, instantly made me think of my sister, Lisa, who was so full of life, like the woman in your painting. I can't find adequate words for naming the painting, but I shall keep thinking of her.
Thank you for sharing your art,
Merisi

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! I like this very much!

12:00 PM  
Blogger pangolin said...

I love her hair. I want her hair. lovely.

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely, what beautiful rich colours.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Josy said...

I have no suggestions what to call her, but she is gorgeous! Her hair is amazing, and I like her expression- the sort of face a model would wear. Excellent!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Bearuh said...

PRETTY!! I have not been to your blog in forever and thought I wuld stop by. your work is amazing and charming!

8:28 PM  
Blogger georg said...

Hi carla!

Beautiful - what a hair! It's always a pleasure to visit your blog -

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home